So I really enjoy painting my nails and these are some of the things I’ve done. Most of my pictures are from instagram because that’s where I tend to post them. Enjoy!
So I recently created a new watermark for my photography.
It’s still simple with a fancy font with legible letters, I love that cursive kinda thing since my handwriting looks like loopy cursive/normal. No one has said anything about it. I’m not actually sure if anyone has even noticed, but whatever! I thought it was about time I started to take portraits again. I think I mentioned this in a past post, but I got really lazy in asking friends to model for me. I went into a lazy phase of just photographing random things. Nothing great just stuff I would want to look back on.
The first one I made was just my first and last name with a little splash thing at the end. My new one is Topaz G. Photography with bubbly things everywhere. I tried making them look like waves, but it didn’t go as well as I thought it would :D
Any comments? I used my new one on my previous post if anyone wants to see it.
So yesterday I bought a ferret!!!
I had found him on a Facebook page called Indoor Yardsale about 2 months ago. I was supposed to go pick him up in September but the guy never replied to me. It’s a good thing I got such a great deal. For $200 I got a 4 story cage with food, litter, cage cleaner, deodorizing spray and shampoo, a litter box, harness and leash, hanging food dispenser, water bottle, toys, and last but not least the male ferret we now named FireFerret. His previous owners called him Naruto because they would watch that show.
One of my roommates thinks it’s ok to call him Brittany while the other keeps calling him Paco. That is a big no no.
Later today Brandon, my boy friend, and I are going to go pay the vet a visit to make sure FireFerret is up to date on all of his shots. Then we’re going to go to PetCo to buy him more litter because he didn’t come with very much. Plus we are going to get him a collar with a bell because that little fellow just goes everywhere! I can’t take my eyes off him because he disappears. It’s insane but I was expecting this from a ferret.
I’ll post a few photos when I get the chance :)
Around 6 tonight I’m going to go help out at an elementary star gazing event as part of my Astronomy class. Last week our class was supposed to go out and star gaze but what happen? Clouds just totally took over the sky -.- so disappointing.
Oh and I forgot to mention that I did get my hair bleach and dyed! Unfortunately i messed up my hair trying to bleach it. I had to go to Brandon’s aunt Rose who is a hair stylist to fix it :D The RAW Deep Purple hair color I bought at Hot Topic looks black! But in the sun you can definitely looks purple. Apart from that, in the light where the white highlights would be are purple. The bottom half of my hair is a really nice medium blue. I still needa take a few photos though.
Today was my friend’s niece’s birthday party. Her name is Nayleen. Real pretty name if you ask me :) It was a Tinker Bell themed party. Her over-sized tootoo definitely made her look like a little fairy.
My friend had asked me to take photos about 2 weeks ago and well today was the day she turned 3. That little girl would not smile for the world. Out of the whole time, she didn’t smile until one of her aunt’s smashed her face into the cake. Now that was funny!
I really enjoyed how they got everyone involved in games like musical chairs and popping balloons, my boyfriend even went along. They had people guess the amount of Jelly Beans in a little jar and guess what I was closest! I put down 247 and the correct amount was 251. Plus they had a little fire show. That guy was swinging those things away like nothing, too bad it wasn’t dark. That would have looked so much cooler!
So I realize I have neglected my blog for quite some time now and I apologize for that.
Working all the time took a lot outta me. I wanna do like bullet points to summarize what has happened in the last few months. I’m also uploading some pictures at the bottom, most of them aren’t edited.
- My first job for Smith Gardens ended September 1
- My job at Walmart ended September 27. I’m glad to know that I was going to be deeply missed by my coworkers and some of my supervisors. That was a great feeling!
- My mom finally got our Smart Car towed to Seattle to be fixed!
- In June, my aunt bought a female boxer puppy and named her Zuri. Then about two months later a male brindle boxer puppy showed up at our door step before my mom came back from work at 6 in the morning. She was so tired she let him into the house thinking Zuri had gotten out. When she called my aunt to tell her, she automatically said that wasn’t Zuri. And that is how that sweetheart came to stay. None of us wanted him to leave especially since no one came to claim him. It was a big win for us and Zuri because she got a playmate of equal size. After brainstorming names, we ended up naming him Manny because of the stripes which make him look like a tiger which reminded us of a show we like called El Tigre. It still amazes me how they’re only about a month apart age wise.
- I transferred from Washington State University to Big Bend Community College which started on September 23.
- On August 2nd, my cousin, my boyfriend and I took a weekend trip to Seattle. I blew my $500 paycheck in those days. It was worth it. The first day (Friday) we went to 3 different malls. Gosh I wanted just about everything. The second day, we went site seeing. As much as I was looking forward to it- it ended up being 7 hours of walking around in Seattle. My feet and legs were about to collapse. We went to the aquarium, the Crab Pot, Pike’s Market, a few parks, and some random places and shops. On our last day, we had breakfast at an IHop in a plaza somewhere. After that we went through some of the stores. Then we took off and went up the Space Needle. The view was fantastic! I didn’t want to go back down. Anyways, we went back to Pike’s Market to buy crab for my boyfriend’s dad. I took advantage and got a few last minute things. It’s hard finding things my mom will actually use instead of letting someone else have because it’s too nice- odd food is another thing. It sucked not having much cash left on me so I ended up buying her some jams- one of Tequila Carmel Apple and another of white raspberry I believe. The drive back felt like forever even though our cousin was the one who had been driving the whole time.
- In late August, two friends, my boyfriend, and I had gone apartment hunting and found an open 2 bedroom at the Regency Apartments, but apparently they were only going to allow 1 person per room. This we learned on the day we were going to turn in our applications. Dumb right? On the same day, by pure coincidence, we drove by some apartments and decided to check them out. They were PERFECT! The place was called Moses Lake Meadows. It was a 3 bedroom 2 bath for only $790. By this time, another of our friends were interested in moving in. The thing with this was that the boss kept making us go back and forth correcting little errors and filing out extra papers. It got really annoying. Even the girl who took the paperwork got mad at her boss. After about a month later, after all the paperwork we went through and having a friend flake out on us, we got denied. And we got denied because we made “too much money” based off of our previous jobs. Only me and some else had jobs which were ending soon. The other two didn’t even have jobs. It was pretty stupid. So disappointing.
- I had the idea of doing a series of photos based on playing cards. I want to do something with the Ace, queen and king of Hearts, Spades, Diamonds, and Clubs. I’m not sure how it will go, but I did a little test run with acrylic paint. That did not end well, but I like where it was heading.
- On September 14th, a really bad thunderstorm hit Othello and did some major damage to my town. Almost 95% of the town’s power was out for like a whole day, entire trees fell on houses and roads and even took out power. The empty pool in our backyard was flipped over, a huge branch from one of our trees fell on our van, power cords where on the ground, things had been blown everywhere, and so forth and so on. It was a mess.
- My boyfriend and I moved into a friend’s apartment in September. We sleep in the living room on a couch that turns into a bed. There were already 3 people taking up the three rooms, well one room is being used as storage since one of the guys is only renting out the room as storage. I’m living in a house full of guys. In November another girl will be moving in, it’s going to be real crowded, but the rent will be cheaper.
- This weekend I may be buying a ferret.
- I’m going to try to bleach and dye my hair. I’ll post a photo later today with the color(s) if I do get to do it.
IT SUCKS!….. for the most part
My back hurts, my feet are killing me and I get no free time -.-t
I am a sales associate in the grocery department so for now I’m stuck moving things around and pulling things forward. I’m constantly squatting, bending down, tip toeing to reach things, walking, etc. It is the workout I never asked for. Literally. I’m constantly hot and feeling all sweaty and nasty. I don’t like it! Today a lady near said the store was so cold and I laughed and told her that I was hot and couldn’t tell. I don’t remember what she said but my point is made!
Aside from this, a lot of people who have been working for a while expect me to know how to do everything. I was barely even trained. A few people have been kind enough to show me how to do certain things but it’s not enough. There is so much I need to learn especially the cash register in case I get called to the front. The few times I got to try it out, I just sucked. I was slow, I didn’t know how to find certain things, people were impatient, and one lady told me to go as fast as I could and to pause the timer whenever I could while another lady told me to go slow and take my time. I just hate being a cashier period. I don’t got the skills for that!
To top it all off, I get no time to spend with my boyfriend! We barely got to see each other as it was and now that he has to work too, there is even less “us time.” It’s awful! I’m not going to lie- I get sort of depressed after not being with him after a certain amount of time. And it hits me even worse when we have a day we say we’re gonna hang out and something comes up so we have to wait a long time before the day actually comes true. Even he feels the same way. He admitted the Thursday he couldn’t come down to see me made him depressed and he was just down for most of the day. I just love him so much, he even went and visited me at the store during my shift and waited there for about an hour so I could go on my break and be with him! He is so adorable! >.<
He doesn’t let me take photos of him often but I loved this one ^.^